(image via ESPN)
(Story via TexasSports.com)
In week 11 of the NFL season, 37 Longhorns were on rosters and two were coaching, representing a total of 22 organizations. Here is how they fared:
• OLB Sam Acho made one tackle for a loss in Arizona's 14-6 victory over the Detroit Lions. The Cardinals are 9-1 on the year, and have a three-game lead in the NFC West Division over the defending Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers.
• C Lyle Sendlein started up front for the Cardinals, and helped the offense pass for 306 yards in the victory.
• OLB Alex Okafor started, recording two sacks and three total tackles in the win. Okafor leads the Cardinals with five sacks this season.
• OG Justin Blalock started and helped the Falcons to 346 total yards of offense and a 19-17 victory over the Carolina Panthers.
• OT Jonathan Scott was inactive for the game.
• PK Justin Tucker and the Ravens were on a bye.
• CB Aaron Ross is on injured reserve.
• Aaron Williams rcorded four tackles in the Bills' 22-9 loss to the Miami Dolphins. Williams is fifth on the Bills with 43 tackles this year.
• WR Marquise Goodwin was inactive for the game due to hip and rib injuries.
• RB Fozzy Whittaker ran the ball three times for 11 yards (3.67 ypc) in the Panthers' 19-17 loss to the Atlanta Falcons. He also had a 46-yard kickoff return in the game.
• CB Carrington Byndom is on the practice squad.
• RB Chris Ogbonnaya was inactive for the game
• OG Trey Hopkins is on the injured reserve list.
• DE Lamarr Houston will miss the remainder of the season with a torn ACL.
• DT Henry Melton, OL Donald Hawkins, OL Tony Hills and the Dallas Cowboys were on their bye week.
• DT Chris Whaley is on the injured reserve list.
• DE Cory Redding started and recorded a quarterback pressure in the Colts' 42-20 loss the the New England Patriots.
• DT Roy Miller and the Jaguars were on a bye.
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
• RB Jamaal Charles rushed for 159 yards and two touchdowns on 20 carries (8.0 ypc) in Kansas City's 24-20 victory over the Seattle Seahawks. Charles also caught two passes for 19 yards (9.5 ypc) on the afternoon. It was his first 100-yard rushing game of the season and the 22nd of his career. Charles has 10 total touchdowns on the year, the third most in the league, and has scored at least one TD in the last five games.
• LB Derrick Johnson is on the injured reserve list and will miss the remainder of the season with a torn Achilles tendon.
• DS Cullen Loeffler successfully snapped for two made field goals and four punts in Minnesota's 21-13 loss to the Chicago Bears.
• DE Brian Robison started and recorded a quarterback pressure in the loss.
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
• S Kenny Vaccaro started and recorded three tackles in the Saints' 27-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. Vaccaro is third on the team with 49 tackles this season.
NEW YORK GIANTS
• CB Chykie Brown deflected a pass and made three tackles in the Giants' 16-10 loss to the San Francisco 49ers.
• CB Tarell Brown started and deflected a pass and made four stops in Oakland's 13-6 loss to the San Diego Chargers. He is fifth on the team with 46 tackles this year.
• LB Emmanuel Acho made two stops in the Eagles' 53-20 loss to the Green Bay Packers.
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
• S Adrian Phillips was active but did not play in San Diego's 13-6 win over Oakland.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
• PK Phil Dawson made three field goals and an extra point in the 49ers' 16-10 win over the New York Giants. Dawson has made 19 of 22 field goals on the year and is 10th in the NFL with 79 points this season.
• S Earl Thomas started and led the team with 11 tackles in the Seahwaks' 24-20 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. Thomas also forced two fumbles and broke up a pass in the game. He is second on the team with 62 tackles and tied for second with five pass breakups.
• S Michael Griffin started and recorded seven tackles, including one for a loss, and deflected two passes in the Titans' 27-24 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday night. Griffin leads Tennessee with 70 tackles this year, and is tied for second in interceptions (2) and sacks (3).
• QB Colt McCoy was active for Washington's 27-7 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but did not play.
• LB Keenan Robinson once again led the Redskins' defense with seven tackles, including two for a loss, in the game. Robinson has 83 tackles this season which is the 10th most in the NFL.
• DE Jackson Jeffcoat was reassigned to the Redskins practice squad.
• LB Brian Orakpo is out the remainder of the season with a torn pectoral.
• OT Michael Huey was signed to the practice squad.