NCAA Tournament Second Round
No. 11 seed Texas (20-13, 8-10 Big 12) vs. No. 6 seed Butler (22-10, 12-6 Big East)
Thursday, March 19, 2015 - approx. 1:45 p.m. Central
CONSOL Energy Center (19,306) - Pittsburgh, Pa.
GameDay Quick Facts
• TELEVISION: The game will be televised nationally by CBS. Brian Anderson (pxp), Steve Smith (analyst) and Lewis Johnson (reporter) will call the action.
• RADIO: The Longhorn Sports Network and KVET (FM 98.1/1300AM Sportsradio the Zone) broadcast every UT game on the statewide network. Craig Way (pxp) and Eddie Oran (analyst) will call the action. Check www.TexasSports.com for a listing of affiliates carrying the game. In addition, Westwood One Radio will carry the game nationally with Scott Graham (pxp) and Kevin Grevey (analyst) on the call.
• SERIES: First meeting
Texas in the Big Dance
• This marks the 16th appearance in the last 17 seasons and 32nd all-time appearance by the Longhorns in the NCAA Tournament.
• Texas sports a 35-34 (.507) record in its previous 31 trips to the Big Dance.
• This also marks the 24th time in the past 27 seasons the Horns have earned a bid to the NCAA tourney.
WINNING THE FIRST ONE: Since the NCAA expanded its tourney field to 64 teams in 1985, the Longhorns are 17-6 in their opening game in the NCAA Tournament. Texas is 6-2 in its last eight NCAA opening-round contests.
BLOCK PARTY: Texas Men's Basketball ranks FIRST nationally in blocks per game (7.9 bpg) entering the NCAA Tournament. The Horns have set a school season record with 260 blocks and have reached double figures in blocks a total of eight times this year.
HOLMES RETURNING TO FORM: The lone scholarship senior on this year's team, Jonathan Holmes averaged 12.0 ppg and a team-best 8.5 rpg in 26.5 minutes per contest during UT's two games at the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship. He posted 15 points (5-10 FG), nine boards and three blocks in the quarterfinal loss to No. 13/15 Iowa State.