ORLANDO -- Texas Men's Golf (No. 13 Golfweek) has earned the No. 3 seed at the 14-team NCAA South East Regional Championship to be held at Auburn University Club in Auburn, Alabama, the NCAA announced Monday morning.
Texas earned the Big 12 Conference's automatic bid after claiming the league crown for the second-consecutive year.
Six 54-hole regional tournaments will be conducted May 15-17. Thirteen teams and 10 individuals not on those teams will compete at each of three regionals while the other three regionals will have 14 teams and five individuals not on those teams. The low five teams and the low individual not on those teams from each regional will advance to the finals.
The finals will be conducted May 23-28 at Prairie Dunes Country Club in Hutchinson, Kansas. Wichita State University is the host institution for the 2014 championships.
NCAA South East Regional Championship
Auburn University Club – Auburn, Alabama
Hosted by Auburn University
Teams (automatic conference bids)
1. University of Alabama [Southeastern Conference]
2. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
3. University of Texas at Austin [Big 12 Conference]
4. Auburn University
5. University of New Mexico [Mountain West Conference]
6. Brigham Young University [West Coast Conference]
7. Kennesaw State University
8. University of Colorado, Boulder
9. University of Louisville
10. University of North Carolina at Greensboro
11. University of California, Davis
12. Sam Houston State University [Southland Conference]
13. St. John's University (New York) [Big East Conference]
14. Alabama State University [Southwestern Athletic Conference]
1. Blake Morris, University of Mississippi
2. JD Tomlinson, University of Florida
3. Jared Bettcher, Troy University
4. Marco Iten, Austin Peay University
5. Theodore Lederhausen, Harvard University
(Source: University of Texas Athletics)