Game 13: Texas (9-3) at No. 11/13 Oklahoma State (11-0)
Thursday, Jan. 2 • 7 p.m. Central
Stillwater, Okla. • Gallagher-Iba Arena (13,611)
Listen to the game here (KVET-AM 1300 / TexasSports.com)
• Texas opens Big 12 play at Oklahoma State on Thursday, Jan. 2 in Stillwater, Okla. (7 p.m. Central). The Longhorns lead the all-time series with the Cowgirls, 25-13. Texas will try for its first win in Stillwater since Feb. 5, 2009.
• The Longhorns are 8-9 in Big 12 Conference openers since the league began in 1996-97. Texas faces Oklahoma State in a Big 12 opener for the fourth time in league history. UT is 2-1 against OSU in Big 12 openers.
• Through Dec. 30, the Longhorns rank sixth in the nation in field goal percentage defense (.317), seventh in scoring defense (53.1 ppg) and fifth in rebounding margin (+14.8).
• Texas leads the Big 12 and ranks 17th nationally in 3-point field goal percentage (.390, 73-187). In the last three games, UT has made 27 3-point field goals (9.0 3FG per game). Last season, Texas finished last in the Big 12 in 3-point field goal percentage (.278, 102-367).
• The Longhorns have out-scored their opponents in the paint by an average of 36.0-to-15.3.
• Texas has used eight different starting lineups in 12 games this season. All 14 players are averaging less than 25 minutes per game. No Texas player has played in a game for 35 minutes or more this season.
• Junior forward Nneka Enemkpali ranks second in the Big 12 in rebounding (8.4 rpg) and fifth in field goal percentage (.604). She leads Texas in scoring (14.3 ppg). Enemkpali has four double-doubles and three games with over 20 points scored.
• In the last four games, point guards Krystle Henderson and Celina Rodrigo combine for a 36-to-10 (3.6) assist/turnover ratio. In the first seven games, the duo combined for a 46-to-34 (1.3) ratio.
• Senior guard Chassidy Fussell (right knee) will not play on Thursday at Oklahoma State. Her status is day-to-day. Fussell was injured during the first half of Texas' 87-58 win over Idaho on Dec. 28.
Show your support by typing "Hook Em" in the comment section below!