By Riley Zayas
Celeste Taylor is a sophomore guard on the Texas women’s basketball team from Long Island, New York, with extensive experience at the international level.
1. Since she was a seventh grader, Taylor played on the high school varsity team and, more importantly, led the team in scoring. “It was pretty cool to be that young and be that ‘big thing’ in school,” Taylor told Longhorn Network's Alex Loeb.
2. From 2017-19, Taylor won three gold medals with USA Basketball, including two at the FIBA World Cup events.
3. Taylor came to the Forty Acres as the No. 9 guard in the Class of 2019 and a McDonald's All-American.
1. Was named Big 12 Freshman of the Week on three different occasions this past season
2. Scored a career-high 27 points in a 86-76 victory over Oklahoma in February.
Taylor on the new coaching staff:
“I’m super excited to get into this system, new style of play and play under Coach Schaefer and the rest of his coaching staff," Taylor told LHN's Alex Loeb. "They’ve been tremendous help; I’m so blessed to be coached by them. They’re one of the greatest coaching staff’s in the country. He loves defense, and I feel like I’m a great defender, and obviously [I’m] going to get better as the years go by.”