Horns to be part of ESPN’s College Football Awards Show
Longhorns Anthony Fera and Nate Boyer will be part of this year's The Home Depot College Football Awards Show, which will air live at 6 p.m. Central Thursday on ESPN.
Fera is one of three finalists for the Lou Groza Award which honors the best place-kicker in the nation, while Boyer will present the Disney Spirit Award to Tulane's Devon Walker, who suffered a spinal injury. Boyer was the 2012 recipient of the award, which is given annually to college football's most inspirational figure.
2013 The Home Depot College Football Awards Highlights (all times Central)
The 23rd annual awards show – hosted by ESPN's Chris Fowler, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, Tom Rinaldi and Samantha Ponder – will originate from the Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney's BoardWalk at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
• CFB Daily, ESPNU's daily college football show hosted by Dari Nowkhah and Samantha Ponder will air from the Boardwalk on Thursday (noon to 3 p.m.)
• College Football Live will air from the red carpet at 4 p.m. on ESPN2 and 4:30 p.m. on ESPNU. Host Dari Nowkhah will be joined by college football analysts' Jesse Palmer and David Pollack.
• The Cree LED Bulb Red Carpet Special at The Home Depot College Football Awards – hosted by Nowkhah, Ponder and Rinaldi – will air at 5 p.m. on ESPNU. The red carpet hosts will return after the show at 8 p.m. for The Home Depot College Football Awards: Recap Special.
• The Home Depot College Football Awards will also feature the live presentation of the NCFAA (National College Football Awards Association) Contributions to College Football Award; The Home Depot Coach of the Year Award; The Allstate AFCA Good Works Team; the Disney Spirit Award; the student-athletes selected to the Walter Camp All-America Team; and Play of the Year as voted on live by viewers. It will air on ESPN Thursday at 6 p.m.
• New for 2013, members of University of Central Florida's band, the UCF Marching Knights, will add some game day atmosphere to the show.
• Viewers can also follow and engage on Twitter using #CFBAwards for news, opinion and behind-the-scenes extras during and leading up to this year's award show.